The John Howard Society of Kingston and DistrictWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is a non-profit organization committed to providing and developing a wide range of community-based services that address crime and its causes. We are dedicated to supporting the rehabilitation and re-integration efforts of those who have been in conflict with the law. Our organization has a strong history of helping people through the provision of prevention and intervention services, as well as advocacy and public education. We strive to offer programs that are evidence-based and responsive to our community needs thereby contributing to the development of a safe and healthy community for all.
Job Listing #2214
Residential Relief Worker • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018
Application Deadline: 26 Sep 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 0-40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 16.58
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is recruiting a professional and motivated residential relief worker. The right candidate will join a highly motivated team with a track-record of very high achievement and an appetite for change and innovation.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES:
- Ensure all residents comply with the rules of residency
- Provide emergency assistance to new clients arriving from the institution to the community
- Manage any problems brought forward by staff and residents and provide conflict resolution techniques to disarm the situation
- Liaise with the other agencies and groups, attend community meetings and events relating to criminal justice, reintegration and rehabilitation
- Work with the team to address any problems or conflicts that may arise
- Monitor resident’s conditions and reports breaches to on-call Manager
- College diploma
- Work-related experience in corrections, residential housing programs, homelessness and mental health
- Experience with conflict resolution, motivational and counselling techniques
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office suite, databases and the internet
- Familiar with community resources and services
- A satisfactory Criminal Police Check, Enhanced Reliability Clearance (CSC) an asset
- Required to work evenings, overnights, weekends, and statutory holidays
- This is a single staffed facility for adult males in conflict with the law
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing an accessible workplace. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
This is a relief call in position with no guarentee of hours.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. The Closing Date for applications is September 26, 2018 Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Additional Requirements: Enhance Reliability Clearance- CSC an asset
You have viewed this listing 1 times.