Family and Children's Services of Frontenac, Lennox and AddingtonWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Children Growing Up in Families.
We are committed to trying to keep families in crisis together. Through our support, and linking the family with other community services, the vast majority of the children we see stay in their homes with their parents. When that can’t happen, we look for another family to care for them. This could be the child’s extended family. Or, if that option is not available, a foster family. We make an effort to reunite children with their parents if possible. And in our vision, if a child has to be permanently separated from their parents, then we will do the best we can to find them a permanent home and family through adoption or long-term foster care. Every child in our care will experience a safe and nurturing family. That’s what our vision means.
Job Listing #2734
Maintenance Worker • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018
Application Deadline: 14 Dec 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 35,001 TO 45,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Provide general maintenance of Agency buildings as identified through regular routine or as requested; to install and maintain equipment and furniture; and to assist with on-call services for emergencies.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Work in compliance with the Occupa6tional Health and Safety Act and Regulations and Agency’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- Identify and report any health and safety issues
- Promote health and safety in the workplace.
PROVIDE GENERAL MAINTENANCE
- Arrange and conduct regular checks of the interior and exterior of Agency buildings to determine the need for maintenance and repairs.
- Complete setup of furniture as required for meetings, events and/or other occasions.
- Conduct regular inspections of Agency vehicles and provide results to Property Coordinator.
- Obtain cost estimates for minor maintenance and repairs from contractors, repair services and trades.
- Perform minor equipment and furniture repairs that do not require the services of a licensed tradesperson.
- Perform cleaning activities as required.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Building and yard upkeep by removing debris, hazards etc.
- Collect and assist with shredding destruction
- Assist with functional checks of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm/personal alarms)
- Report any issues to Property Coordinator or Supervisor
- Assist with After Hours coverage on a rotation basis including evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties as required such as emergency after-hours repair service, moving office furniture and equipment, and painting.
- Acquire and update professional skills and knowledge through continuing education.
How to Apply:
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter quoting the competition file number (FACSFLA-2018-73) and title of position you wish to apply for, to: email@example.com Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply in writing by December 14, 2018
- Please include the competition number and the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Please submit cover letter and resume as single attachment.
- When applying for multiple positions, please submit a separate application for each position following the above instructions.
For further information, please visit our website: Family and Children's Services of Frontenac Lennox and Addington
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Agency will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
NOTE: We are a scent-free workplace.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Possess a valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
- Proficiency in a Windows environment using Microsoft Office Suite
You have viewed this listing 1 times.