Family and Children's Services of Frontenac, Lennox and AddingtonWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Children Growing Up in Families.
We are committed to trying to keep families in crisis together. Through our support, and linking the family with other community services, the vast majority of the children we see stay in their homes with their parents. When that can’t happen, we look for another family to care for them. This could be the child’s extended family. Or, if that option is not available, a foster family. We make an effort to reunite children with their parents if possible. And in our vision, if a child has to be permanently separated from their parents, then we will do the best we can to find them a permanent home and family through adoption or long-term foster care. Every child in our care will experience a safe and nurturing family. That’s what our vision means.
Job Listing #3073
Marketing Officer • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019
Application Deadline: 03 Mar 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 14.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Marketing. The primary duties of this position will be to assist with a key fundraising campaign aimed at raising money for youth-in-care. Marketing skills will be required to reach out to donors, sponsors and others.
- Public Relations. This position is house in the public relations team of the organization and will require some cross-over work on public relations projects designed to engage the public about our services.
- By phone, email, social media and in-person, engage with potential sponsors, prize donors and golfers to promote the Agency’s annual online auction.
- Use Agency resources in aid of the work they do.
- Work together as a team with Agency staff and volunteers, but also work independently on assigned tasks.
- Do clerical functions if called upon within the department.
How to Apply:
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter quoting the competition file number (FACSFLA-1819-88) and title of position you wish to apply for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply in writing by March 03, 2019
- Please include the competition number and the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Please submit cover letter and resume as single attachment.
- When applying for multiple positions, please submit a separate application for each position following the above instructions.
For further information, please visit our website: Family and Children's Services of Frontenac Lennox and Addington
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Agency will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that considers an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com .
NOTE: We are a scent-free workplace.
- Strong sales ability – needs skills and personality to solicit sponsorships, donations and registrations from a variety of people in support of charity fundraising.
- Quick start – needs the ability to hit the ground running.
- Superior understanding of social media, web marketing and advertising.
- Working knowledge of various software programs including MS-Office XP (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and/or Exchange and Windows Explorer.
- Must be familiar with internet applications including search engines and web browsers with ability to work effectively with various office equipment and machines including photocopiers.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Outgoing and cooperative in meeting and dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to help organize events
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions with a minimum of supervision.
Additional Requirements: Candidates must be between the ages of 18-30 for subsidy purposes
You have viewed this listing 1 times.