Family and Children's Services of Frontenac, Lennox and AddingtonWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Children Growing Up in Families.
We are committed to trying to keep families in crisis together. Through our support, and linking the family with other community services, the vast majority of the children we see stay in their homes with their parents. When that can’t happen, we look for another family to care for them. This could be the child’s extended family. Or, if that option is not available, a foster family. We make an effort to reunite children with their parents if possible. And in our vision, if a child has to be permanently separated from their parents, then we will do the best we can to find them a permanent home and family through adoption or long-term foster care. Every child in our care will experience a safe and nurturing family. That’s what our vision means.
Job Listing #3076
Lifebooks Writer • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019
Application Deadline: 03 Mar 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 14.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Tasks and Responsibilities
Student would assist Children's Services staff in the gathering of necessary information and completion of Life Books for children in care. Priority will be given to those children moving on to permanency placements. Supervision would be scheduled bi-weekly to provide support and feedback, as well as ad hoc as needed. Student studying in the area of social work, CYW, behavioural sciences, etc., would be good candidates. Strong writing skills and the ability to organize information are required. The position should not be seen as the creativity of scrap booking, but more the ability to capture a child's social history and provide in a format that is clear, child friendly, and accurate. A vehicle is not required. Ability to work as a member of a team and to integrate feedback and suggestions.
How to Apply:
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter quoting the competition file number (FACSFLA-1819-93) and title of position you wish to apply for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply in writing by March 03, 2019
- Please include the competition number and the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Please submit cover letter and resume as single attachment.
- When applying for multiple positions, please submit a separate application for each position following the above instructions.
For further information, please visit our website: Family and Children's Services of Frontenac Lennox and Addington
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Agency will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that considers an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com .
NOTE: We are a scent-free workplace.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess a valid driver's license with access to a vehicle
- Excellent organization, planning and writing skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively respond to crisis situations to ensure child safety
- Proficiency in Windows environment using Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible hours of work may be required
- Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Ministry standards and guidelines
- Due to subsidy requirements, must be between the ages of 18 - 30
- Proficiency in English and French would be considered an asset
Additional Requirements: Candidates must be between the ages of 18-30 for subsidy purposes
You have viewed this listing 1 times.