Family and Children's Services of Frontenac, Lennox and AddingtonWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Children Growing Up in Families.
We are committed to trying to keep families in crisis together. Through our support, and linking the family with other community services, the vast majority of the children we see stay in their homes with their parents. When that can’t happen, we look for another family to care for them. This could be the child’s extended family. Or, if that option is not available, a foster family. We make an effort to reunite children with their parents if possible. And in our vision, if a child has to be permanently separated from their parents, then we will do the best we can to find them a permanent home and family through adoption or long-term foster care. Every child in our care will experience a safe and nurturing family. That’s what our vision means.
Job Listing #3077
Kool Kamp Team Leader • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2019
Application Deadline: 03 Mar 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 15.50
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Kool Kamp is a fun and inclusive day respite program that is geared to children and youth between the ages of 4-18 years old who have physical and/ or developmental disabilities and reside in Lennox and Addington County. Kool Kamp runs Monday to Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for seven weeks in July and August at our office located at 99 Advance Avenue, Napanee. Kool Kamp provides children and youth the opportunity to participate in a camp like experience that they otherwise would not able to engage in due to their unique needs and as such the camp provides enhanced support that is structured around the unique needs of each individual participant. This allows the camp to be flexible in the service delivery and ensures that participants experience full inclusion. Children attending the camp have been diagnosed with either one or more of the following: Intellectual Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Global Developmental Delay, Seizure Disorder, Cerebral Palsy and behavioral impairments. Some individual require the use of mobility aids such as wheelchairs and feeding tubes.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Kool Kamp Team Leader is responsible for planning, organizing and facilitating seven weeks of community based recreational activities for children with special needs. The Team Leader will assess camper’s needs based on comprehensive registration forms and through telephone contact with parents. The Team leader will then create an individual support plan for each camper. The Team leader is required to be mindful of each camper’s unique needs when planning camp programming from a fully inclusive perspective. The Team Leader is responsible for creating and managing drivers/drive schedules for campers who receive transportation services to and from camp. In addition to being involved in the recruitment of support staff, the Team leader will be involved in developing and facilitating training to support staff. The Team Leader will be involved in the supervision of support staff and facilitation of the camp on day-to-day basis. The Team Leader will be responsible for providing leadership to support staff by modelling various techniques to provide campers with optimal success in their day.
How to Apply:
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter quoting the competition file number (FACSFLA-1819-94) and title of position you wish to apply for, to: email@example.com Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply in writing by March 03, 2019
- Please include the competition number and the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Please submit cover letter and resume as single attachment.
- When applying for multiple positions, please submit a separate application for each position following the above instructions.
For further information, please visit our website: Family and Children's Services of Frontenac Lennox and Addington
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Agency will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that considers an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
NOTE: We are a scent-free workplace.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess a valid driver's license with access to a vehicle
- Excellent organization, planning and writing skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively respond to crisis situations to ensure child safety
- Proficiency in Windows environment using Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible hours of work may be required
- Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Ministry standards and guidelines
- Due to subsidy requirements, should be between the ages of 15 - 30
- Proficiency in English and French would be considered an asset
Additional Requirements: Candidates must be between the ages of 18-30 for subsidy purposes
You have viewed this listing 1 times.