Landscape Technician - Full Time / À Temps Plein
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Western Landscape Services LtdWebsite Icon
Job Listing #403
Landscape Technician • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018
Application Deadline: 17 Feb 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week:
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
- Ensures that all work is completed in a safe and efficient manner and maintains excellent quality.
- Train, develop, and coach members of the team.
- Plant and maintain shrubs, and trees on both residential and commercial sites;
- Operates a variety of equipment including, power pruner, hedge trimmer, sod cutter, weed eater, drills, and chain saw;
- Service and maintenance of ponds;
- Lighting Installation and maintenance of 12 Volt garden lighting systems;
- Interacts with customers to troubleshoot and solve landscape problems;
- Assists the in planning and organizing jobs, ensuring required materials are on site and meeting project deadlines and costs;
- Perform other manual duties to clean and maintain jobsite;
- Comply with Western Landscape Services Ltd. health & safety policies and procedures;
- Maintain a courteous and polite manner when dealing with customers and co-workers;
- Daily documentation of on-site activities and proficient with record keeping and technology;
- Ensures that all work is completed in a safe and efficient manner and maintains excellent quality;
- Manage safety, quality, and productivity of work at sites and at shop yard;
- Understand importance of completing projects within the budgetary guidelines;
- Daily documentation of on-site activities;
- Promote, train, and carry out all company safety procedures;
Applicants are requested to apply through the main email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post-secondary education in Landscape Technician program or equivalent; with a minimum of two years’ experience in the landscape field;
- Thorough knowledge of different plant varieties (i.e. flowering, non-flowering, designer, etc.) during the various months of the year; and standard horticultural practices (i.e. planting, pruning, fertilizing, etc.)
- Skills: good oral and communication skills; excellent problem solving; interpersonal; organizational and planning; and ability to make decisions;
- Assesses sites, ability to read sketches and implements a landscape development plan;
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills;
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead others with a supportive atmosphere;
- ‘G’ class Ontario driver’s licence with a Clean Driver’s Record;
- Clean Criminal Record Check;
- Emergency First Aid Level C Certificate, Fall Arrest, Working at Heights, and Chainsaw Training.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.