Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
Providence Care is southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of specialized mental health care, physical medicine and rehabilitation, specialized geriatric services, complex continuing care, palliative care and longterm care. With more than 1,600 staff and 240 physicians, residents and clerks, Providence Care is committed to high quality care. Providence Care is a not-for-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and sponsored by the Catholic Health Corporation of Ontario. Providence Care is a major teaching and research centre for Queen’s University, and is an educational partner to St. Lawrence College and other post-secondary institutions.
Providence Care Hospital, our new state of the art hospital, opened in April 2017. Our hospital is the first publicly-funded hospital in North America to fully integrate long-term mental health and psychiatry programs with physical rehabilitation, palliative care and complex care. The entire hospital has been designed to be welcoming and inclusive of all people, no matter what age, ability or needs.
Providence Care Hospital brings to life the concept of patient-and-family centred care, where everyone works in collaboration to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each person.
Job Listing #479
Logistics and Nutrition Assistant • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2018
Application Deadline: 25 Feb 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: Up to 24 hours per week
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Commensurate with experience
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Do you have a passion for food?
Come join our Food and Nutrition staff at Providence Care Hospital where mealtimes are being transformed. Nutritious homemade food and the dining experience are a key component of patient care!
Working as a collaborative team member, the Logistics and Nutrition Assistant performs various duties including food and nutrition preparation, delivery, cleaning and sanitation processes; portering patients/clients/equipment/supplies; and providing transportation services for outpatients/clients.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of Ontario Secondary School Grade 12 equivalency
- Completion of the requirements for the National Food Safety Training Certificate Program
- Six months’ work experience in an institutional food services environment, preferred
- Experience working with HACCP guidelines, preferred
- Valid Ontario driver’s license Class G, and clear driver’s abstract; Class F preferred
- Experience using computerized systems
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Highway Traffic Act and Regulations
- Demonstrated ability to operate trucks and other Class F vehicles in a safe and skilled manner, as required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively follow written and oral work instructions with attention to detail, neatness and accuracy in a variety of documenting and tasks
- Demonstrated commitment and effectiveness complying to sanitation and cleanliness standards of self, work tools and work environment
- Demonstrated good physical and mental condition to meet the demands of the position, such as lifting and pushing moderately heavy loads
- Demonstrated high standards of personal cleanliness
- Knowledge and ability to work with Computers, software applications and other electronic devices(Microsoft Office Suite of products,, equipment and inventory software programs)
- Aptitude to perform basic data entry & report generation from a computerized food & nutrition system
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, Ethics and strategic directions of Providence Care
- Demonstrated ability to create an inclusive and welcoming environment that values each individual; respects their values, preferences and unique abilities; and mitigates against the experience of stigma
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing process improvement & delivering outstanding quality & results
- Demonstrated positive approach and resilience toward innovation and change, and ability to quickly adapt to evolving workplace standards of practice
- Demonstrated understanding and alignment to, expectations and deliverables of the organizational, department and team goals; effective stewardship of resources
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently with proven reliability and trustworthiness
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work effectively, manage a full work-load and meet deadlines in a busy environment with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills and ability to problem solve issues that may arise in carrying out the duties of this position
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning and professional growth
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member through collaboration, respect and effective communication
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable legislation, promoting a physically and psychologically safe environment for everyone
- Demonstrated good physical condition to meet the physical demands of the position and attend work on a regular basis
- Bilingual in French and English language, preferred
Please send your updated resume and cover letter in one document, quoting file number “LANA- KEYS” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Human Resources for a complete list of duties, responsibilities or inquiries. We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – Please notify Human Resources if you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process or require recruitment documents in French.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.