Habitat for Humanity Kingston Limestone RegionWebsite IconFacebook IconTwitter Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Habitat for Humanity Kingston Limestone Region is one of 56 Habitat affiliates in Canada and one of 1,400 affiliates worldwide sharing a common vision of safe and decent housing for all.
We partners with families, businesses, organizations, and individuals to build simple, affordable, and energy efficient homes. These homes are sold to selected families through long term, no-interest mortgages.
We believe that through our affordable homeownership program, we are building strength, stability, and self-reliance in our community.
Job Listing #494
Special Projects Assistant • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2018
Application Deadline: 23 Feb 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: 30 hours
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire negotiable
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Director of Special Projects, the Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Training & Event Center (TEC) of Kingston Habitat for Humanity Limestone Region through administrative and coaching roles.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Special Projects and Class Facilitators with the Habitat Training & Event Center programs.
- Be knowledgeable about Habitat for Humanity Kingston Limestone Region's vision, mission, and work in the community.
- Prepare necessary supplies and materials for classes / programs
- Keep track of resources and program / classes / sales in collaboration with the Director of Special Projects
- Build for sale products
- Assist in classes / events as requested
- Provide a friendly and knowledgeable point of contact for the public, volunteers, donors, and Habitat for Humanity
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- Ensure safety precautions are implemented at all times
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Train, supervise and support volunteers
- Keep a registration system for all classes / programs
- Help creating monthly and annual programs in advance
- Keep the TEC clean and tidy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Projects and / or Class Facilitator.
Passion for Habitat for Humanity's Mission
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Current First Aid Training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities ___________________________________________
- Excellent relationship building skills - responsible, reliable, friendly, outgoing, and personable
- Teaching ability and sense of initiative
- Strong organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Woodworking skills an asset
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Other craft skills (ie painting, knitting, crocheting, etc.) as asset but not required
- Bilingual: English & French an asset
Habitat for Humanity Kingston Limestone Region is a member of the United States. We are pleased to welcome you to share the value of your position. However, only those who will meet us will be contacted.
Submission Deadline: January 30, 2018
Feel free to drop off at your office on 607 Gardiners Rd., Kingston
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.