2290312 Ontario LTD / Aviv TransportWebsite Icon
Job Listing #52
Long Haul – Flat Bed Truck Driver • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017
Application Deadline: 28 Feb 2018
Location: Eastern Ontario
Category: Driver/Courier / Chauffeur/Compagnie de messagerie
Hours Per Week:
Pay Rate: Salary / SalaireSalary: $21.00 to $22.00 hourly. Salary can vary or increase according to mileage driven. Company guaran
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Company: 2290312 Ontario LTD / Aviv Transport
Business information: We are a long haul transport company in flat bed division. We operate in all of USA and Canada.
Business address: 6658 County Road 21, Alliston, ON, L9R 1V2
Work Location: The position involves traveling throughout Canada and in the USA to deliver goods to the company’s clients.
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Load and unload goods
• Pick up, load and deliver goods
• Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
• May perform emergency roadside repairs
• Perform brake adjustments
• Operate articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
• Perform preventive maintenance
• Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
• Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
• Receive and relay information to central dispatch
• Mountain driving expertise
• Professionalism in customer service
• Coach colleagues on new methods or work techniques
• May address customers’ complaints or concerns
• Communicate with dispatch once a day and update dispatch when picked up load and dropped off load or any concerns that dispatch needs to be aware of
– Education: Completion of high school is required
– Experience: Experience is an asset but experience as AZ driver is preferred
– Have or be willing to obtain AZ class driver’s licence is required
– Driving record check is required
– Physically demanding
– Willing to travel for extended periods and for cross-border trips
– Work 11 to 14 hours per day and 70 hours per week
Salary: $21.00 to $22.00 hourly. Salary can vary or increase according to mileage driven. Company guarantees a minimum weekly payment of $630 equal to $21.00 X 30hrs. Hours of work between 30-70 hours per week.
Benefits: we provide disability insurance and CPP contribution. As we are long haul we provide a personal truck per driver and a bed inside the truck. We also provide free coffee and meals when the drivers fuel at fuel stations.
– Flexibility on schedule is required. Working hours vary according to the clients’ requirements for pickups and deliveries. The workers will work 11 to 14 hours per day for 70 hours per week and they will have 34-36 hours to rest/reset.
– The position requires traveling to different places in Canada and the USA and thus to regularly be away for extended periods.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 6658 County Road 21, Alliston, ON, L9R 1V2
Apply by fax: 705-737-2425
You have viewed this listing 1 times.