LIT/CIT Director - Contract / Contrat
You must be logged in to share job listings. To continue, please login here.
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Camp HyantoWebsite IconFacebook Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Camp Hyanto is a small camp, with a vibrant program, friendly staff and a peaceful camp setting where children can enjoy the great outdoors? Camp Hyanto is an overnight summer camp for children owned and operated by The Anglican Diocese of Ontario. It is a small rustic camp offering swimming, canoeing, crafts, sports and so much more. The camp serves children from 5 to 14 years of age.
Job Listing #540
LIT/CIT Director • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2018
Application Deadline: 15 Mar 2018
Location: Leeds and Grenville
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: Negotiable
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 0 TO 25,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The LIT/CIT Director will be responsible for the LIT/CIT program of the camp. The LIT/CIT Director
will oversee and lead the LIT/CIT program with consultation with the Camp Manager and the Senior
Counselor. They play a vital role in developing a positive, safe, and enriching camp experience for
every camper. The Diocese of Ontario offers competitive wage and a safe comfortable work
environment. As an employer, the diocese is committed to providing equal treatment with respect to
employment according to the protected grounds established under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Diocese of Ontario has adopted this policy to ensure that our employees are provided with
meaningful employment that is ethical and fair, and is in compliance with all applicable employment,
and human rights legislation. Term: June 27/18 to Aug 27/18 (1 position available)
To apply: Please submit resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in child and youth work
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in residential camps
- Familiarity with the Anglican Church of Canada and preferably the Diocese of Ontario
- Displays a strong and genuine interest in working with children/youth in a camp setting
- Ability to identify and assess risk and implement strategies which minimize risk to campers and staff members
- Knowledge of and adherence to privacy legislation and policies within the Diocese related to confidentiality of camper/staff information
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates ability to work with a broad cross section of people and experiences
- Ability to communicate and work with groups and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Able to respect and embrace different ethnic backgrounds and traditions
You have viewed this listing 1 times.