Downtown Kingston! Website IconFacebook IconTwitter Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
The Downtown Kingston! Business Improvement Area (BIA) is an association of more than 700 businesses and property owners located in the core commercial area of the City of Kingston. The association promotes Downtown Kingston! as the vibrant and healthy commercial, retail, residential, and entertainment centre of our region, attracting more people to live, shop, work and gather.
Job Listing #658
Street Maintenance/ Downtown Ambassador (Summer Student) • Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018
Application Deadline: 23 Mar 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $14.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Projects Manager - Member Services, and working in a public sector environment, the Street Maintenance Crew/Downtown Ambassadors provide varied street maintenance support for the Downtown Kingston! Business Improvement Area as part of the “Keep It Clean” program. Street Maintenance Crew provide support and assist in the physical execution of major events and festivals in downtown Kingston.
The Street Maintenance Crew members are required to perform physical work outdoors 40 hours per week with minimal supervision, involving a flexible schedule which includes seven days per week, including weekends and evenings as required for events. Generally, shifts are 8:30am – 4:30pm, 10:00am – 6:00pm and 4:00pm – 12:00am. Variable shifts are required for major events and are subject to change depending on event needs.
- Working with the support and direction of Downtown Kingston! staff, assist City Staff in maintaining a clean and safe environment for downtown patrons including hand sidewalk sweeping, hand gutter cleaning, weeding, and poster removal.
- Act as street ambassadors and a source of information for downtown patrons and businesses.
- Provide support for events run by Downtown Kingston! including Canada Day, Kingston Buskers Rendezvous, Limestone City Blues Festival, Chef Cooking Demos, Movies in the Square, Music in the Park, and Princess St. Promenade (set up/tear down, clean up, moving tables and equipment etc.).
- General deliveries of posters, flyers and newsletters to downtown businesses.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- College / University student
- Required to obtain and maintain satisfactory CPIC (Criminal Record Check) at own expense
- Demonstrated experience working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Experience in customer service and ability to work with the public
- Responsible, self-motivated, capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Applicants must meet the physical requirements of the job which include but are not limited to, standing and walking for prolonged periods or time, lifting, pushing and pulling a weight of 40 lbs and working outdoors in both cold and extreme heat
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
$14.00 per hour, 40 hours per week – May (start date flexible) until September 1, 2018 with the possibility of occasional work in the Fall.
Please email your resume and cover letter which clearly states how your experience relates to the skills required for the position on or before 4:00pm Friday, March 23, 2018:
Theresa Stewart, Projects Manager – Member Services
Downtown Kingston! BIA
353 King St. E., Suite 200, Kingston ON K7L 3B5
We thank all those who apply, only those being interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.