Education Coordinator - Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
You must be logged in to print job listings. To continue, please login here.
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
STEM CampWebsite IconFacebook Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
STEM Camp is a Canadian not for profit organization, operating 80 summer camps across Ontario and Quebec in 2018.
Job Listing #683
Education Coordinator • Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018
Application Deadline: 29 Mar 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 42.5
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $14.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Education Coordinator (1 position available):
The Education Coordinator is primarily responsible for the successful implementation of the curriculum at their STEM Camp location. Each Education Coordinator reports directly to the Camp Director at their location. Their responsibilities include:
- Attending the mandatory training day for all Education Coordinators
- Assisting the Camp Director in planning and attend the week long training with site staff at their location
- Supervising staff from a curriculum implementation perspective to ensure STEM Camp curriculum is being implemented properly
- Helping to ensure a smooth pick-up & drop-off process at the start and end of each day
- Communicating with parents, either in person at the camp, by phone, text, or e-mail, whenever a parent seeks assistance or information about the camp or her/his child
- Adhering to the Activity Schedule and the Training Manual
- Purchasing extra supplies (when approved by Management Team or Head Office Designate)
- Adhering to the STEM Camp “Policy for the Protection of Children”
- Carrying out any duties assigned by the Camp Coordinator or any other member of the Management Team (CEO, Executive Director, Community Relations Director)
- Submitting to Head Office (in cooperation with the Camp Director), daily pictures and videos of activities at STEM Camp (within the confines of privacy laws) featuring…
- Educational purpose of the activity
- Labs/places visited (if any)
- Guest presentation synopsis (if any)
- How the activity relates to possible future careers
- Assisting in organizing and conducting the STEM Fair
- Leading activities with children of all ages when necessary
- Developing activities to help fill programming voids
- Completing Health and Safety Training (non-paid)
- Perform duties as a Camp Counsellor in an emergency situation should one of the regular Camp Counsellors take ill or be granted time off
The successful applicant will demonstrate a dynamic and interesting personality and possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills. This position provides an opportunity to enhance leadership skills and build out the educational, problem solving, creative and technology sections of your personal resume. The Education Coordinator role is most closely aligned with the duties and responsibilities of a classroom educator; therefore, applicants wishing to enter education as a career are well suited for this role.
Follow the link below to apply !
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.