Thousand Islands Boat MuseumWebsite IconFacebook Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Located on the waterfront in Gananoque, Ontario, The Thousand Islands Boat Museum (TIBM) is a hands-on Museum where history becomes something that can be touched, built, and experienced.
The Museum includes a Boatbuilding Shop, a Children's Activity Center, Exhibit Galleries, and an ongoing outreach program at the GISS High School during the school year.
Job Listing #725
Administrative Assistant • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2018
Application Deadline: 21 Mar 2018
Location: Town of Gananoque
Category: Clerical/Administrative / Administration/Travail de bureau
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $15 - $17/hr
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
**Must be flexible to work weekends, some evenings and Museum events**
Located on the waterfront in Gananoque, Ontario, The Thousand Islands Boat Museum (TIBM) is a young, fast-paced, hands-on organization. The vision of the TIBM is to bring the heritage of the St. Lawrence River, the 1000 Islands and the magic spirit of the region to life. Although the TIBM is only open to the public seasonally (May-October), the successful candidate for the Administrative Assistant position would be part of the permanent, year-round, full-time team.
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills, great attention to detail and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management by handling office tasks, planning and coordinating events, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an Administrative Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Most importantly, the Administrative Assistant should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
· Handle office tasks, such as filing, mailing correspondence, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies
· Maintain and update a Donor Management System data base
· Assist in planning and execution of events and festivals
· Excel at both verbal and written communication
· Assist in social media posts
· Screen phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party
· Use computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research
· Greet and assist visitors
· Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
· Proficiency in computer skills and technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Facebook and Instagram (Photoshop/InDesign experience is a great asset)
· Great attention to detail
· Multilingual is an asset
· Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Team player with a positive attitude
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.