YMCA of Kingston
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
The YMCA is a charity that has been helping Canadians improve their lives since the first Y opened in Montreal in 1851. YMCA programs are offered at more than 1,700 locations across Canada and help people become healthier in spirit, mind and body.
Job Listing #747
Summer Day Camp Team Lead • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018
Application Deadline: 25 Mar 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Sports and Recreation / Sports et loisirs
Hours Per Week: TBD
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $14.85
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Employment Category: Term Contract
Hours: Must be available for shifts between 6am – 6pm, Monday to Friday, and on weekends, during June, for staff training.
Placement Date: Mid-May 2018 to mid-September 2018
The YMCA of Kingston is a charity dedicated to the building of stronger kids, stronger families, and a stronger community by providing opportunities for all to grow in spirit, mind and body.
The Core Values:
Caring about the health and wellness of our community
Honesty to the community we serve about our values, mission and vision
Respect all members of the community regardless of age, race, gender, religion, ability or economic circumstance
Responsibility to provide effective leadership and resources to benefit our community
Nature and Scope:
The Summer Day Camp Team Lead is an energetic, organized and personable individual. They will report directly to the Day Camp Supervisor, assisting in administrative tasks, supervising and evaluating staff, as well as providing exceptional customer service to both campers and their families. Additionally, this position requires overall supervision of day to day camp programming, supporting staff in program planning, and ensuring safe and positive experiences for all participants.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Day Camps, a successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Providing constant care and supervision of all campers, ensuring a safe and fun camp program, including participation in daily swims
- Assisting the Camp Supervisor in all facets of camp including hiring staff
- Planning the day camp program, including camp trips
- Acting in a manner that is in accordance with the YMCA mission statement
- Conducting all principal requirements of the position, as detailed in the Summer Day Camp Team Leader job description
- Maintaining a positive profile and relationships within the community
- Developing new camp programs
- Overseeing the integration Program at all Sites
- Being responsible for the ongoing operation and management of the program sites
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a camp counsellor, or related experience working with children
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory role
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
- “Clear” Criminal Reference Check (CPIC) including Vulnerable Sector Check completed not more than 120 days prior to interview, performed by the Kingston City Police
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in planning and delivering recreational, sport, and outdoor education programs
- A high level of maturity
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Stress of multiple demands
Please apply, in writing, with an employment application form, resume and cover letter, by Sunday March 25th, 2018.
Supervisor, Day Camps and Youth Recreation
YMCA of Kingston
100 Wright Crescent
Tel: 613 546 2647 X245
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Kingston. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Kingston is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. The YMCA of Kingston values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
This position has been posted both internally & externally.
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.