Southern Frontenac Community Services CorporationWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Southern Frontenac Community Services Corporation (SFCSC) is a charitable organization that enhances the quality of life in rural South Frontenac by providing a variety of programs supporting seniors and their caregivers. SFCSC seniors' services include: Adult Day Program, Hot meals on Wheels, Diners' Club congregate meals, Home Help, Respite Care, and Senior's Social and Recreational programming. SFCSC also hosts the community's Food Bank serving families in need, and Housing and Homelessness Services for residents who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Job Listing #771
Rural Youth Homelessness Worker • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018
Application Deadline: 21 Mar 2018
Location: Frontenac County
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 17.5
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 17.11
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Rural Youth Homelessness Worker
This is a part time (17.5 hours weekly), one year contract position. The Worker will assist with understanding, supporting and addressing the unique needs of rural youth in South and Central Frontenac County. The focus is on youth who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless. The incumbent will work from the SFCSC office located in Sydenham, ON.
The incumbent will:
- Conduct research and collect information as it pertains to rural youth and rural homelessness.
- Build relationships with schools to effect outreach to youth and the school’s Adolescent Care Workers.
- Engage youth in developing youth driven solutions for issues affecting rural youth.
- Provide direct support, coaching and advocacy for youth who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Become associated with local youth allies, school workers, local leaders and others whose work impacts rural youth homelessness.
- Assist youth with navigating community services and supports to connect youth with ongoing supports.
- Provide regular reporting and communications
To receive a more detailed job description, please go to www.sfcsc.ca/career-opportunties.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with rural and/or youth homelessness
- Knowledge of community resources
- Demonstrated experience in provision of prevention and targeted intervention strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport with youth.
- Knowledge of Frontenac County a requirement.
- Valid G driver’s licence and reliable vehicle.
- Current police records check required.
Resumes with cover letter should be submitted to SFCSC, Attn: David Townsend, Box 43, Sydenham, K0H 2T0 by March 21, 2018 or via email to email@example.com with Rural Youth Homelessness Worker in the subject line. We thank all applicants however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.