Kingston Community Health Centres Website IconFacebook IconTwitter Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Kingston Community Health Centres (KCHC) is a multi-service, multi-site Community Health Centre – that means we care for the people in our community, but we also care for and build up our community.
At KCHC, we have many locations, and many different services and programs. While our work is diverse, all of our programs and staff are united by our values and by our mission: To care, to respond, to build community.
Job Listing #3581
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)* • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2019
Application Deadline: 25 Apr 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: 21
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $23.75 - $28.83 per hour
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)*
Director, Regional Services and Partnerships
Temporary, Part-Time (0.6 FTE - 21 hours per week)
June 3, 2019 (9 Month Contract with possibility of extension)
$23.75 - $28.83 per hour
Working as part of an interdisciplinary team to support overall health and wellness of clients, the RPN delivers professional clinical services in a primary care setting.
*This position description is currently under review to incorporate core competencies. Final position description will be provided to the successful candidate when available.
· Provide primary health care to clients of the centre as guided by the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Provide telephone triage and client follow-up as needed
· Perform nursing process through assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation
· Provide nursing support to providers in selected procedures when needed
· Provide basic laboratory and phlebotomy procedures and treatment services (e.g., urine tests, glucometer readings, dressings, injections, immunizations, allergy treatments, etc.)
· Provide client screening and health education within scope of practice
· Work with other staff to support a successful and seamless client experience
· Order and maintain medical supplies, laboratory supplies and immunizations as needed.
· Contribute to and support quality improvement initiatives
· Ensure infection control and occupational health and safety standards are followed in practice.
· Other duties as assigned within RPN scope of practice
· Contribute to chart documentation (including Electronic Health Records), by documenting symptoms and conditions, nursing interventions and referrals and recommendations for ongoing treatment
· Participate in chart reviews and case conferences
· Participate in meetings and other administrative activities which support the overall functioning of the team.
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application and development of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Registered Practical Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Two years relevant clinical practice experience in a primary care setting
Organizational Competencies: Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Continuous Learning
Position Competencies: Initiative, Knowledge/professional/technical expertise, Teamwork
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in the use of computers and relevant software applications (Nightingale On Demand)
- Above average interpersonal skills and ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to function independently and as a team, within scope of practice
- Sound problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills
- Ability to treat all individuals with respect and interact in a tactful and supportive manner while maintaining professional boundaries
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a Trauma Informed Care framework
- Experience with quality improvement an asset
- Smoking cessation training an asset
- Reliable attendance, ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasional evenings
- Current certificate in CPR
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- French/Arabic or other language skills an asset
- Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
- Save all documents as a single PDF file using your own name (Last, First).
- Email to email@example.com citing reference “2019-26-KCHC” in the subject line.
- Applications must be submitted to Human Resources by Thursday, April 25, 2019.
As a registered professional, to abide by and be accountable to the ethics and standards set out by the relevant regulatory body of the profession.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
KCHC is a proud Living Wage employer!
Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. Kingston ON, K7K 2V4
You have viewed this listing 1 times.