Resolve Counselling Services CanadaWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Counselling Services, both personal and Credit Counselling
Job Listing #4359
Contract Full-Time (Maternity Leave) – Housing Support Worker • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019
Application Deadline: 27 Aug 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 25,001 TO 35,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
HOURS OF WORK: 35 HOURS PER WEEK EFFECTIVE September 3, 2019 UNION: OPSEU LOCATION: KINGSTON OFFICE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Resolve Counselling Services Canada is currently seeking a Housing support Worker, Full Time 1 year Contract to assist 16 and 17-year-old clients who are receiving services from the child welfare sector and who live in Frontenac, Lennox and Addington Counties. The incumbent provides housing support to clients which includes life skills, employment and education skills, as well as housing support. Responsibilities include defining housing goals with the client, supporting youth as they identify, access and navigate systems and connecting youth to existing supports in the community including housing, education, employment and life skills training. The incumbent provides service to youth between the ages of 16 and 17.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Windows and the Internet
- Good time management skills
- Interviewing and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- The ability to establish rapport and trust with clients, sometimes under difficult circumstances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, equivalent college diploma or work experience that meets MCCSS standards is essential.
- Membership in a related professional association is required and must be maintained.
- One to three years clinical experience working with youth.
- Bilingualism (French-English) is an asset
- Familiarity with the Child Welfare System
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful Completion of vulnerable sector CPIC is a requirement
Applications will be accepted until 9am on August 27, 2019:
417 Bagot Street
Kingston, Ontario, K7K 3C1
Thank you for your interest in Resolve Counselling Services Canada. Please note that only those being interviewed will be contacted.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.