The Gananoque Inn & SpaWebsite IconFacebook IconTwitter IconLinkedIn Icon
Industry Sector: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
The historic Gananoque Inn & Spa is nestled on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in the small, picturesque town of Gananoque, Ontario, “deep in the heart of the world famous Thousand Islands.” Discerning travelers have found an idyllic setting and warm hospitality at the Gananoque Inn since 1896. The Inn is just a 20 minute drive from Fort Henry and the Rideau Canal UNESCO World Heritage Site. Read our history to learn more about the Inn.
A stone’s throw from the famous Gananoque Boat Line and the Thousand Islands Playhouse, and within walking distance to other attractions, parks, shops and more, the Inn’s location still feels secluded. It incorporates 51 unique rooms, some with Jacuzzis and water views, balconies, fireplaces, and even a honeymoon suite. The Gananoque Inn & Spa caters to conferences, weddings, and visitors all with the same passionate attention to detail.
Luxuries and services make staying at the Gananoque Inn & Spa an indulgence. Two waterside restaurants offer guests the opportunity to dine in an idyllic setting overlooking the St. Lawrence River or relax in a casual atmosphere. With the restaurants and an impressive spa on site, the Inn is sure to treat the tastebuds while also providing some pampering
Job Listing #6771
Breakfast Cook • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2021
Application Deadline: 29 Mar 2021
Location: Town of Gananoque
Category: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
Hours Per Week: TBD
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire TBD
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
In anticipation for the summer season, we are currently hiring a Breakfast Cook. Located in the heart of the 1000 Islands, the Gananoque Inn & Spa features 52 guest rooms, conference and wedding facilities as well as a full esthetic spa and 2 on-site restaurants.
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
-Contribute to customer satisfaction by preparing & serving high quality food products in accordance with the our Inn standards. Maintain cleanliness and guest ready appearance of the outlet.
- 1+ years of experience in food and beverage position preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent of same
- Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness
- Must have excellent attendance and punctuality
Work Environment & Context:
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to stand forlong periods, bend, stretch, and reach
- Long hours sometimes required. Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Menu items and beverage choices
- Standards of operation as required by Inn (training offered)
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards, and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Suggest and service quality food and beverage items as per standards
- Service minded, friendly professional behavior
- Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric
- Communicate with guests and co-workers
- Assist with guest issues with professionalism maintaining hospitable attitude.
- Works as a team member in aspects such as cleaning, food preparation, and storage.
- Prepare and consistently maintain dining area and supplies in a guest ready atmosphere.
- Close out shift by cleaning and restocking supplies for next day.
- Maintain safety and security practices; have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
Additional Requirements: Food Safety Handling, MOL 4 Steps to Safety
You have viewed this listing 1 times.