Queen's UniversityWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Queen’s University is the Canadian research intensive university with a transformative student learning experience. Here the employment experience is as diverse as it is interesting. We have opportunities in multiple areas of globally recognized research, faculty administration, engineering & construction, athletics & recreation, power generation, corporate shared services, and many more.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Come work with us!
Job Listing #6773
Marketing Coordinator • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2021
Application Deadline: 07 Mar 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 45,001 TO 55,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Principal Investigator (PI), the Marketing Coordinator will support the knowledge translation and strategic commercialization activities at the Clinical Evaluation Research Unit (CERU) which include Plan Well Guide (www.planwellguide.com), My ICU Guide (www.myicuguide.com), and www.fsicu.org. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies related to these knowledge products. The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for building strong relationships with diverse stakeholders to foster new opportunities for meaningful engagement with these knowledge products across the health care community and general public.
The incumbent can either work from Queen’s campus offices in Kingston, ON or from Lethbridge, AB within proximity to the PI’s work location.
• Execute, evaluate and advise on the integrated marketing communications plan for the CERU, using a diverse range of methods.
• Write, design and coordinate the production of digital and print marketing materials to ensure effective knowledge translation activities for the CERU.
• Measure and track CERU’s content and knowledge mobilization methods for effectiveness with the right marketing and web metrics; analyse data and recommend changes to optimize content performance and manage SEO.
• Ensure all the promotional and marketing materials align with CERU’s mandate. Revise and implement changes as required to ensure continuous alignment with the mandate.
• Identify and foster stakeholder engagement and positive working relationships with CERU members and partners. Strategize new ways of engaging with clients and prospects.
• Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to strategically target communications.
• Responsible for internal/external communication related to knowledge translation projects, events, evaluation, networking, planning and organizing. This includes initiating and maintaining correspondence, preparing a variety of reports, managing databases and organizing events.
• Manage social media and other online platforms, as necessary.
• Ensure timely preparation and publication/distribution of announcements and success stories.
• Performs other duties as assigned, in support of the CERU.
• Respects diversity and promotes inclusion in the workplace.
• High level of computer literacy as manifested by the ability to learn and adapt to new software. For example, familiar with marketing tools (Zoho Suite of tools, automated email campaigns, etc.) and have used (or have familiarity with) content management systems (like WordPress) and content optimization tools (SEO tools, Google Analytics).
• Marketing, public and human relations skills, including ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people, personality types and age groups, and maintain tact and diplomacy.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively research, write and edit to deadlines for diverse communications (proposals, stories, announcements, case statements) for print, web, e-communication and social media.
• Proven project management skills. Innovative and flexible thinking and ability to see projects through from conception to final implementation.
• Organizational and problem-solving skills. Research and analytical skills in order to collect, process, and summarize data, and explain results to others.
• Aptitude for design and layout. Style and aesthetic skills in the design of graphic work, ads, and displays with knowledge and ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud, Articulate, or related software is an asset but not a prerequisite.
• Excellent understanding of the social media landscape including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and experience using social media to achieve business goals.
• Ability to work independently or as a team player depending upon situation.
• Make decisions regarding digital marketing and communication strategies, helping to identify more effective and efficient strategies and modes of implementation.
• Advise on all aspects of marketing development and delivery. Determine content marketing plans and the output of such plans, such as presentation of reports, work-plans, newsletters, ads, articles and other publications, correspondence, and communication materials often in consultation with others.
• Determine which marketing and communications channels will be the most effective in promoting programs and sharing content.
• Determine how best to promote an event or increase awareness of CERU's activities in the media.
• Select most appropriate target media for a given piece. Evaluate reports or documents and propose recommended actions.
• Determines priorities to ensure deadlines are met and determines importance among various tasks.
• Decide how to react quickly and thoughtfully to urgent media requests. Recommend solutions and strategies for dealing with developing media stories.
• Determine necessary strategies to measure and benchmark the effectiveness of digital communication efforts. Make recommendations and implement changes to improve effectiveness and meet objectives, both current and ongoing.
• Make decisions and update websites in accordance with established legislative, accessibility, privacy, Visual Identity Standards, and web policies. Determine when to address non-compliance issues with appropriate stakeholders.
• Problem-solve and resolve issues related to marketing and communications, determining when to refer issues to senior staff.
APPLICANTS PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW:
• University degree in communications, public relations, marketing, health sciences or relevant field.
• Previous (3 to 5 years minimum) relevant experience using marketing and communication processes and tools, implementing communication strategies via social media, online platforms and other media sources.
• An understanding of accessibility issues, federal and provincial legislation pertaining to electronic communications addressing accessibility, privacy and electronic security.
• Superior demonstrated writing, communication, and editing skills.
• Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.