Len Corcoran ExcavatingWebsite IconLinkedIn Icon
Industry Sector: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Len Corcoran Excavating (LCE), a second-generation family-operated business was founded in Kingston in 1962 by Len Corcoran. Len Corcoran Excavating continues to run along many of the same guiding principles infused in the company by its charismatic and innovative founder – be true to your word, take responsibility for the good and the bad, the more prepared you are, the more successful you will be. Those principles have been melded with a modern, people-centred, community-positive approach instilled in the firm and its employees by current owner/president Dan Corcoran. He and the entire LCE team understand that it’s not just about digging trenches and refurbishing infrastructure, but it’s also about dealing with property owners, business owners, municipal officials, and the general public. Ensuring excellent communication with all stakeholders, hitting all scheduling and budgetary targets, and providing superior quality work is at the heart of every Len Corcoran Excavating project.
Job Listing #7134
Pipe Layer • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2021
Application Deadline: 30 Apr 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 18-30
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reports to Site Supervisor
Building on our history of residential work over the past 30 years, Len Corcoran Excavating (LCE) has grown to become a leader in underground infrastructure work for large commercial, industrial, and institutional organizations in our community and surrounding area. LCE is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment for all our employees. We strive to be a different kind of construction firm; one that believes in honest communication and providing the front-line employees with what they need in a timely manner to allow them to do their jobs to the utmost of their ability. Everyone who works at LCE shares in the challenges, successes and growth of the company and everyone’s voice is welcome. LCE is committed to putting People before Profit.
Under the direct supervision of the Site Supervisor.
Will be responsible for the efficient installation of a variety of pipes and fittings including water, sanitary sewer, hydro, and storm water collection systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and drawings for the layout and elevation control of all civil earthworks and roadworks including but not limited to, road building, culvert installations, ditches, and slopes, sanitary, storm, and watermain installation, maintenance structures
- Understanding of grades, slopes and elevations and the ability to transfer information from plans and layout to site.
- Tasks include but not limited to, grade trenches or culverts, position pipe and seal joints and dewatering
- Excellent understanding of soil conditions and safe work procedures
- Ability to safely work around excavation equipment in deep trenches
- Using a variety of tools to modify pipes to specifications
- Communicate effectively with Supervisors daily
- Perform other related labour duties as required
- High School diploma. A post-secondary diploma or certificate in a related field would be considered an asset
- Two years of relevant work experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to operate a pipe laser is a must.
- Must have good communication skills
- Class ‘G’ driver’s licence
- Flexibility to travel for work if required, (possibility of up to 85 km)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Work is performed outdoors. Must be willing and able to work in inclement weather
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) on a regular basis, perform repetitive tasks
- Physically capable of walking on uneven terrain, climbing slopes
Health and Safety
- Strong understanding and commitment to health and safety procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of construction safety as outlined in the Occupational Health & Safety Act., Traffic Control and First Aid
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
Our company is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation due to disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have viewed this listing 1 times.