Indigenous Heritage Presenters -Student Job Opportunity - Seasonal / Saisonnier
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Parks Canada - Bellevue House National Historic SiteWebsite IconFacebook Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Experience Canada by joining the Parks Canada Agency!
Are you someone who enjoys working in a job where you make a difference? Have you ever thought of a career in support of one of Canada’s iconic places? Then, Parks Canada is the place for you.
Bellevue House National Historic Site - Step back in time and explore the grounds and heritage gardens of historic Bellevue House knowing that seeds were planted here for the birth of a country. Canada’s first prime minister, Sir John A. Macdonald, and his family made Bellevue House their home from 1848 to 1849. Wander through the family’s preserved kitchen garden, orchard and ornamental garden. A costumed guide will lead you through the site and stories regarding Sir John A. Macdonald and Canada’s Confederation. We encourage visitors to explore the many viewpoints related to Sir John A. Macdonald’s legacy and Confederation.
Job Listing #7312
Indigenous Heritage Presenters -Student Job Opportunity • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 04 May 2021
Application Deadline: 31 May 2021
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: To be announced
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire TBD
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Parks Canada – Bellevue House National Historic Site
Indigenous Heritage Presenters -Student Job Opportunity
Applications Due Now
Who can apply: Persons employed or residing within a 60 km radius of Kingston Ontario Students 15- 30 yrs with a preference given to qualified candidates that self identify as belonging to an Indigenous group. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Bellevue House National Historic Site of Canada 35 Centre Street, Kingston Ontario
Student Job Opportunities
INDIGENOUS HERITAGE PRESENTERS
- Delivers interpretive presentations, programs and activities to provide visitors to Bellevue House National Historic Site with opportunities to discover, appreciate, and learn about local Indigenous cultures and understand the significance of Indigenous culture to Canadian history.
- Participates in the planning and delivery of special programs, work outdoors and in the historic gardens.
- Gain experience about Parks Canada historic sites operations focused around Indigenous voices.
- Experience dealing with the public
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic, reliable
- Demonstrates teamwork skills
- Willingness to wear historic clothing and a Parks Canada uniform.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays when required
- Willingness to wear a mask for extended periods of time may be required
- Able to stand long hours and work outdoors in a garden setting.
- Parks Canada is a federal government agency responsible for the protection and presentation of Canada’s outstanding natural and cultural resources through a system of national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites in all regions of Canada
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Reliability Status security clearance
HOW TO APPLY
Send APPLICATIONS TO: LHNvillaBellevue-BellevueHouseNHS@Canada.ca
If you do not have access to email send, or drop your resume, to 35 Centre, St. Kingston On, K7L 4E5 Attention: Student Job postings
Additional Information or Assistance Contact: Tamara at 613-484-9896.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.